St. Vincent’s College welcomes and encourages applications from international students. The following information should make the application process easier.
- In order for an application to be processed in a timely manner, we require that the application, all supporting documents and placement testing be completed by the following dates:
The deadline for the Spring Semester (January) is July 15th of the previous year.
The deadline for the Fall Semester (September) is February 1st.
- Apply Online to the College
- Proof of immigration status is required.
- A translated international academic credential evaluation of the high school transcript(s) prepared by a professional document company clearly stating that the applicant has the equivalency of a US high school diploma. For more information, please visit the WES (World Education Services) website.
- Official results of TOEFL or IELTS if English is not the first language, with a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper) or 213 (computer) or iBt score of 79. Minimum requirement for IELTS is a 6.5. Applicants who have attended a secondary school or post-secondary school where the langauge of instruction is English may be exempt from submitting the above, dependent upon their English grades and Critical Reading SAT score. This will be determined on an individual basis.
- Applicants must also demonstrate that funds ($40,000.00 US dollars) are available to meet expenses regarding tuition and fees. Each accompanying dependent must show an additional $6,000.00 US dollars in the financial affidavit.
- St. Vincent’s College does not award transfer credit for courses taken outside of the United States. Transfer students must be released from their prior college and appear on the SEVIS site for I-20 preparation by St. Vincent’s College.
- International students must submit a $200.00 tuition deposit upon acceptance, and an additional $250.00 to cover the costs related to issuing the I-20. A $100.00 fee will be charged each semester to cover costs associated with updating the student’s status with SEVIS.
- St. Vincent’s College is a commuter college and does not have any type of housing available.
Please contact the Admissions office via e-mail email@example.com or via phone at 203-576-5513 if you have any questions.