St. Vincent’s College welcomes and encourages applications from international students. The following information should make the application process easier.
- In order for an application to be processed in a timely manner, we require that the application, all supporting documents and placement testing be completed by the following dates:
The deadline for the Spring Semester (January) is July 15th of the previous year.
The deadline for the Fall Semester (September) is February 1st.
- Apply Online to the College
- Proof of immigration status is required.
- A translated international academic credential evaluation of the high school transcript(s) prepared by a professional document company clearly stating that the applicant has the equivalency of a US high school diploma. For more information, please visit the WES (World Education Services) website.
- Official results of TOEFL or IELTS if English is not the first language, with a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper) or 213 (computer) or iBt score of 79. Applicants who have previously attended a high school or college in the United States for more than two years and have C+ grades in English courses may be exempt from an English proficiency exam. Applicants who are exempt from submitting a test of English proficiency are thos from Canada (excluding Quebec), Bermuda, the Bahamas, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
- Applicants must also demonstrate that funds ($40,000.00 US dollars) are available to meet expenses regarding tuition and fees. Each accompanying dependent must show an additional $6,000.00 US dollars in the financial affidavit.
- St. Vincent’s College does not award transfer credit for courses taken outside of the United States. Transfer students must be released from their prior college and appear on the SEVIS site for I-20 preparation by St. Vincent’s College.
- International students must submit $250.00 to cover the costs related to issuing the I-20. A $100.00 fee will be charged each semester to cover costs associated with updating the student’s status with SEVIS.
- St. Vincent’s College is a commuter college and does not have any type of housing available.
Please contact the Admissions office via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 203-576-5513 if you have any questions.