St. Vincent’s College welcomes and encourages applications from transfer students; transfer students follow the same admission procedures as other incoming students. Apply Online to the College.
Transcripts are evaluated to determine transfer credit granted. The following guidelines are used in evaluating transcripts received from other accredited institutions. Transfer of credits only (grades are not transferable) will be granted subject to the conditions outlined below:
- Course descriptions are analyzed and credit is accepted for those successfully completed courses that parallel course content and number of credits of SVC courses. Courses in a major must meet the same general course objectives as SVC.
- Only courses with a grade of “C” or higher are considered for transfer credit.
- A minimum of a C+ is required for science, mathematics and English courses to transfer
- Nursing and Radiography applicants must have achieved a minimum of B- (80%) in order to receive transfer credit for anatomy & physiology 1 & 2, microbiology, and physics. Course grades must have been achieved during the past 5 years.
- Applicants who took English Composition with a minimum of C+ are exempt from the CPT and can transfer the course.
- Applicants who have taken College Algebra within the past ten years with a grade of C+ or better do not need to take the CPT and can transfer the course.
- Advance Placement Credit may be transferred in.
- Military credits are evaluated and applied where applicable.
- Credit value accepted by SVC follows program requirements even though more time may have been devoted and more credit awarded in covering the material at the institution from which a student is transferring the credits.
- Approved articulation agreements with other colleges are recognized for transfer of credit.
- SVC accepts credit recommendations with departmental approval from the American Council on Education (ACE), Charter Oak State College Connecticut Credit Assessment Program (COSC CCAP) and the United States military.
- Decisions are made so that a student’s academic program provides the most professional training.
The purpose of this agreement between Housatonic Community College (HCC) and St. Vincent’s College (SVC) is to provide a guaranteed admission pathway for HCC students interested in the Radiologic Sciences Program offered at St. Vincent’s College. Transferring students have the option to pursue an Associate and/or Baccalaureate degree in Radiologic Sciences.
To transfer credits to St. Vincent’s College:
- Request that all colleges attended send an official transcript to St. Vincent’s College, ATTN: Admissions, 2800 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06606 (or e-transcripts).
- A course description for which credits are to be transferred may be requested.
- Written notification of acceptance or denial of transfer credits will be forwarded to the applicant.
- Transfer credits, not grades, (if accepted), will appear on the St. Vincent’s College transcript.
Note: Transfer credit granted for courses completed at St. Vincent’s College is determined entirely by the institution to which the student transfers.
All students must earn at least 50% of program requirements at St. Vincent’s College. Students are required to complete all academic requirements within 5 years of enrollment.
Please contact the Admissions office by phone at 203-576-5513 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the transferring to St. Vincent’s College.
TEAS Testing for Nursing Students
TEAS VI Score: Applicants must have an adjusted individual total score of 56% or higher. The college will consider the scores from the first and second attempt only (within the last three years). If you do not achieve a score of 56% or higher by the second attempt you are not eligible to begin nursing 101. TEAS test score must be submitted prior to registration for N101.
For the best chance of success, students are encouraged to take the TEAS test after completing A&P I and Math 140. To register for the TEAS test, call 800-667-7531 or register online at www.atitesting.com. There is a $66.00 fee for this test. If you have already taken the TEAS Test, please have your scores submitted to the Office of Admissions. See Nursing AS Information for details.