Help Us Grow!
For more than 100 years St. Vincent’s College has adapted its programs to address changes in the healthcare workforce needs to ensure that graduates are prepared to meet the current needs of the healthcare industry. The St. Vincent’s College community is continuously reassessing the role the College can and should plan in preparing future healthcare workers and leaders. Please join us as we position St. Vincent’s College to take a leadership role in nursing and allied health sciences education to serve the community for generations to come.
Methods of Giving
There are many ways to give to the College. Each gift, regardless of size, is needed and deeply appreciated. Gifts may be pledged and made payable over a period of several years. Cash or liquid securities and other forms of giving are the most common type of gift. However, there a number of other giving options which offer the donor an attractive alternative, enabling them to leverage their gift and to take advantage of tax benefits for charitable donations.
Many Ways to Give
- Gifts of Cash. The tax deduction is given in the year the gift is made.
- Corporate Matching Gifts. Some corporations encourage employees and their spouses to make charitable contributions by matching their gifts dollar-for-dollar, and sometimes as much as two or three dollars for every dollar given by employees.
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities. For outrights gifts of appreciated long-term securities, the deduction is equal to the fair market value of the securities on the date the donor relinquishes control of the assets to the College. None of the appreciation has to be realized by the donor.
- Gifts of Life Insurance. Using life insurance to make a major gift is an option for donors who no longer need policies purchases some years ago. Donors may choose to assign their policies irrevocably to the College.
- Gifts by Will. Bequests quality for unlimited charitable deduction, which reduces one’s estate taxes and preserves more of the donor’s assets for family and other intended beneficiaries.
- Charitable Gift Annuity. This new program is designed for alumni 70 and over. It makes fixed, steady payments for your lifetime and what remains is a gift to St. Vincent’s College. You can create one for yourself or you and your spouse.
In all cases, donors are advised to consult with their financial advisor to determine specific tax savings and/or the planned giving opportunity which best fits their particular need.
Your gifts will benefit the College, our students and the community we serve. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. For more information on ways to support the College please contact Janice Faye at 203-576-6355 or email@example.com.
St. Vincent’s College is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.