For assistance contact Cicely Poggi-Gedacht the new Associate Director of Career Placement by email at Cicely.Poggi-Gedacht@stvincentscollege.edu or call 475-210-6465. Her office is located in Room H101 in the Student Learning & Career Services Center in the Hunting St. building.
Sacred Heart University’s Healthcare Jobs
Search the SHU portal for various employment opportunities in the healthcare field.
Jobs at St. Vincent’s Health Services/Ascension
Use the following job board to search for jobs specifically at St. Vincent’s Health Services locations as well as any Ascension locations: Ascension Job Board
Local Healthcare Career Opportunities
Many local employers seek to hire St. Vincent’s College graduates. View current local healthcare job opportunities.
The following presentations are offered during the fall & spring semesters. For our students with busy schedules, you can check out these presentations online in mySVC in Blackboard Learn.
- Job Search Skills
- Cover Letters, Resumes, & References
- Interview Skills
- How to Resolve Conflict in the Workplace
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Job descriptions for approximately 250 of America’s most common occupations
- Connecticut Department of Labor
- Information about agency services and labor trends
- America’s Career InfoNet
- Learn about which occupations are growing/declining on a state or nationwide basis, examine wages and trends for each job listed
Exam Preparation Materials
Here are some links that you will find helpful as you prepare for your licensing exams.
Note: Some of these resources are free, and some may charge a fee to use the services on the website.
State of Connecticut- Department of Public Health Licensure & Renewals
There are also NCLEX-RN review books that can be borrowed from the Career Development Center for student use.