College Central Network
St. Vincent’s College uses College Central Network as its official job resource and resume system. Students, alumni, and employers can quickly create an account at www.collegecentral.com/stvincentscollege.edu.
Students and alumni can:
- easily apply to jobs posted exclusively for them, and search other opportunities via Jobs Central®, a national job board
- create and upload their resume to make available to employers
- access the career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos, events calendar and more
- get help with how to use College Central network
Employers can search for talented students and alumni, and post unlimited jobs for free.
Sacred Heart University’s Healthcare Jobs
Search the SHU portal for various employment opportunities in the healthcare field.
Jobs at St. Vincent’s Health Services/Ascension
Use the following job board to search for jobs specifically at St. Vincent’s Health Services locations as well as any Ascension locations:
Local Healthcare Career Opportunities
Many local employers seek to hire St. Vincent’s College graduates. View current local healthcare job opportunities.
The following presentations are offered during the fall & spring semesters. For our students with busy schedules, you can check out these presentations online in mySVC in Blackboard Learn.
- Job Search Skills
- Cover Letters, Resumes, & References
- Interview Skills
- How to Resolve Conflict in the Workplace
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Job descriptions for approximately 250 of America’s most common occupations
- Connecticut Department of Labor
- Information about agency services and labor trends
- America’s Career InfoNet
- Learn about which occupations are growing/declining on a state or nationwide basis, examine wages and trends for each job listed
Exam Preparation Materials
Here are some links that you will find helpful as you prepare for your licensing exams.
Note: Some of these resources are free, and some may charge a fee to use the services on the website.
State of Connecticut- Department of Public Health Licensure & Renewals
There are also NCLEX-RN review books that can be borrowed from the Career Development Center for student use.