The Student Learning and Career Center provides guidance to students as they plan for and seek career opportunities, as well employment as students. It is also offers computers for academic work and tables for independent or group study.
Student Learning & Career Center
Room H101 – Hunting Street Building (Fortin Wing)
Monday – Saturday 6am – 11pm; Sunday 7am – 6pm
To schedule an individual appointment, contact:
Cicely Poggi-Gedacht, Associate Director of Career Placement
Room H101 – Student Learning & Career Center (Hunting Street Building)
Sacred Heart University’s Healthcare Jobs
Search the SHU portal for various employment opportunities in the healthcare field.
Other Local Healthcare Jobs
Many local employers seek to hire St. Vincent’s College graduates. Search local healthcare job opportunities.
Professional development presentations are offered during the fall and spring semesters. Students can also view these presentations online in mySVC in Blackboard Learn.
- Job Search Skills
- Cover Letters, Resumes and References
- Interview Skills
- How to Resolve Conflict in the Workplace
Resources are available for researching current trends in local and national employment sectors.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Job descriptions for approximately 250 of America’s most common occupations
- Connecticut Department of Labor: Information about agency services and labor trends
- America’s Career InfoNet: Learn which occupations are growing or declining on a state-wide or national basis; examine wages and trends for each job listed
Licensing Exam Preparation
Study tools are available to assist you in preparing for your licensing exams, both in the Career Development Center and online. (Note: Some online resources are free; others may charge a fee to access.)