Welcome to the St. Vincent’s College Library Resources page. From this page, you will be able to access the iConn and Ovid databases, the Daniel T. Banks Library Resources and much, much more. Please take a few minutes to explore the possibilities.
The Academic Library
The College uses two local libraries, through institutional contracts, to support its mission. The Daniel T. Banks Health Sciences Library – located on the third floor of the St. Vincent’s Medical Center – is the primary library of the College. The collection in the Daniel T. Banks Health Sciences Library resources supports all the curricula in which the students are engaged throughout their studies. Students may borrow books and/or search the library’s databases with a valid student identification card at no extra cost.
The hours of the library are: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm
Students may also use the Ryan Matera Library located on the campus of Sacred Heart University. The University agrees to afford borrowing privileges, on premises access to paper resources, and limited on-premises access to microfilm and CD-ROM resources to associate degree students and faculty of the College. College students and faculty will pay the costs of printing from any University resource. Students and faculty will use their badge for verification purposes when requesting library access.
College Library Services & Resources
- Library Resources on St. Vincent’s College’s myCampus Portal
- APA Citation Style Manuals and Websites
- Connecticut Academic and Public Library Catalogs
- Daniel T. Banks Library Catalog
- Database Search Strategies
- Directory for General Reference and Research
- Directory for Nursing and Health Sciences Resources
- Free Databases, Search Engines and Directories
- Online Databases
- Plagiarism: What is it and why does it matter?
- What makes an information source scholarly?