St. Vincent’s College provides students with a number of campus leadership & professional development opportunities.
Student Clubs & Organizations
These clubs present students with opportunities to meet fellow students in the same program, connect with faculty and staff outside of the classroom, and to become more connected to the St. Vincent’s College community. These groups hold regularly scheduled meetings, and they focus on making an impact on the campus related to their club’s purpose.
- Radiography Club (RAD) – The RAD club provides students interested in radiography with information, resources and contacts in order to grow in their personal and professional career paths. The club encourages the discussion of thoughts, experiences and ideas for the enrichment of student life as well as important experiences in leadership and professional development. Meetings are held once a month.
- Student Nurses’ Association (SNA) – The St. Vincent’s College SNA serves as the local chapter of the National Student Nurses’ Association. The SNA mentors the professional development of future registered nurses and facilitates their entrance into the profession by providing educational resources, leadership opportunities and career guidance. Another component is to be involved with the community through service. St. Vincent’s College SNA chapter is open to nursing and pre-nursing students; pre-nursing students cannot be members of the national club.
Interested in starting a new club? Contact Student Affairs at 475-210-6411 or StudentAffairs@stvincentscollege.edu to discuss the process.
National Honor Societies
Honor Societies recognize students who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
- Phi Theta Kappa, Beta Omicron Alpha Chapter (PTK) – an international honor society of two-year colleges, PTK serves to recognize and encourage academic achievement of students enrolled in programs leading to associate degrees. PTK provides opportunities for individual growth and development through honors, leadership, service and the stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence. For more information visit http://www.ptk.org.
- SALUTE (Service – Academics – Leadership – Unity – Tribute – Excellence) – an academic organization which recognizes student veterans who have displayed outstanding performances in the classroom. Members include retirees, disabled veterans, active duty military, National Guard and reservists returning to higher education, starting second careers, or helping fund their college careers with military service. The SVC chapter recognizes student veterans for their hard work and dedication. For more information visit http://salute.colostate.edu/home.
St. Vincent’s College encourages students enrolled in the appropriate programs to become members of the following organizations.
- American Association of Medical Assistants (www.aama-ntl.org) – Medical Assisting students may join this professional organization and receive the benefits of membership. Students must apply for membership prior to graduation in order to receive a reduced student rate for membership dues.
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists (www.asrt.org) – Radiography students may choose to participate in this professional organization and receive member benefits. Membership dues are available at reduced rates for students.