The College offers a variety of financial aid programs to assist students in meeting the cost of their education. We believe, however, students and their families have the primary responsibility for providing educational funding to the extent of their economic resources.
We understand that the financial aid process can be overwhelming. We’re here to help. The information provided below provides important information on applying for financial aid for 2018-2019.
As you may know, St. Vincent’s College and Sacred Heart University are working towards a transfer of the St. Vincent’s College programs to Sacred Heart University on or about July 1, 2018. As such, your financial aid will be seamlessly transferred from St. Vincent’s College to St. Vincent’s College at Sacred Heart University. You do not need to reapply or complete any other forms. By applying for financial aid using the two school codes listed below, and completing the attached Confidential Information form, you are also giving permission to St. Vincent’s College to transfer all your financial information to Sacred Heart University.
To get started …
- Gather your FSA ID to begin the financial aid application process. FSA ID: https://fsaid.ed.gov
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for this upcoming 2018-2019 academic year. The earlier you submit your FAFSA, the better. FAFSA: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- Use two school codes! IMPORTANT: For the 2018-2019 academic year, use both the St. Vincent’s College and the Sacred Heart University school codes when completing your FAFSA:
- SVC Federal Code – 006191
- SHU Federal Code – 001403
- Report your 2016 IRS Tax data and 2016 W2 earnings on your 2018-2019 FAFSA application.
- Use the DRT! Our office strongly encourages you to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) which electronically transfers your federal tax return information into your FAFSA application.
- Complete the 2018-2019 SVC Confidential Information Form at least six weeks prior to the beginning of the enrollment period. Please submit your completed 2018-2019 SVC Confidential Information Form via fax: 475-210-6063, mail or drop off to: St. Vincent’s College, Attn: Financial Aid, Hunting Street, Building, RM 312, 2800 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06606
- If you have already submitted your 2018-2019 FAFSA, please be sure both school codes were listed. You can confirm receipt on FAFSAs website at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ and view your student aid report (SAR) for any required follow up or corrections requested by the department of education. In addition, please be sure you have also submitted your 2018-2019 SVC Confidential Information Form.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email us at 475-210-5937, firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid Office:
- LOCATION: 3rd floor of the Hunting Street building
- OFFICE HOURS: Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- PHONE: 203-576-5937
- EMAIL: email@example.com
Mail Correspondence to:
St. Vincent’s College
Attn: Financial Aid
Hunting Street Building, RM 312
2800 Main Street
Bridgeport, CT 06606
- be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- have a valid social security number
- have a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as a GED, or certificate of completion of home-study program approved by the student’s home state
- maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress towards a degree or certificate in eligible program
- be registered for Selective Service
- not be in default on Federal Student Loans or have an over-payment on a federal and/or state grant
- not be convicted for an illegal drug offense while receiving federal student aid
- be enrolled or accepted as a regular student towards a degree or certificate in an eligible program