1098T Forms

Every year St. Vincent’s College must furnish 1098-T forms to all eligible students, per IRS regulations. Current and past year students now have access to the 1098-T form online on the Online Student Services under “1098T Form”.  These forms are not accessible via mobile devices. The form will work with the following browsers with default settings:

  •          Chrome
  •          Firefox
  •          Internet Explorer
  •          Opera
  •          Safari

1098T Frequently Asked Questions

The IRS allows colleges to report either Payments Received (Box 1 on the 1098-T) or Amounts Billed (Box 2 on the 1098-T). Like most schools, SVC elects to report the amounts billed (qualified tuition and related expenses) to the student for the tax year.

No amounts will be reported in Box 1 of the 1098-T.

If the student had pre-registered for the current Spring semester in the Fall semester of the last calendar year, the related charges will be included in Box 2 of the 1098-T. For example, if the student had pre-registered for Spring 2016 classes in the Fall 2015 semester those charges will be reflected as part of the Box 2 amount in the student’s 2015 1098-T. Additionally, if the student had pre-registered for Spring 2015 classes in the Fall 2014 semester, those charges would not be reflected as part of the Box 2 amount in the student’s 2015 1098-T.

Box 2 of the 1098-T includes all qualified items that were actually billed during the calendar year.

All questions regarding Education Tax Credits must be addressed to a tax professional or the IRS at www.irs.gov. The College is prohibited from offering any tax advice.

Please verify that correct Social Security Number (SSN) appears on your 1098-T form and will be submitted to IRS. If any changes need to be made to your SSN please contact Student Accounts at StudentAccounts@stvincentscollege.edu.

Any questions regarding amounts posted in Boxes 2 through 10 on the 1098-T or request for copies of billing statements can be addressed by sending an e-mail to StudentAccounts@stvincentscollege.edu.

Students no longer attending the College who require an additional copy of their 1098-T will need to send a written request for information, including the year. If requesting a billing statement a proof of ID and or SSN may be requested. The processing time for these requests is 7 business days.