If you are interested in working with healthcare professionals and contributing to the team in the care of patients, the Multi-Skilled Assistant Certificate Program can provide you with the knowledge and qualifications you need. According to recent studies, the need for Multi-Skilled Assistants within the healthcare field continues to rise!
St. Vincent’s Multi-Skilled Assistant Certificate Program prepares you to become an allied healthcare worker and to support patient care in a variety of healthcare settings. While offering you the technical aspects required in the field, the program also provides you with the sound communication skills you’ll need to interact effectively with patients and their families, as well as the physicians, nurses, technicians, and other healthcare providers.
What Do Multi-Skilled Assistants Do?
The role of the Multi-Skilled Assistant builds on the basic skills of a Nurse Aide, while including additional responsibilities such as changing simple dressings, drawing blood for laboratory tests, and conducting electrocardiograms. Serving under the supervision of licensed personnel, Multi-Skilled Assistants work with a variety of patients in physician’s offices, clinics, extended care facilities, surgical centers, hospitals, and community agencies.
The graduates of the Multi-Skilled Assistant Program will:
- Demonstrate charity and respect for the human dignity and rights of all individuals.
- Function as assistants within the healthcare team utilizing multiple skills.
- Provide selected patient care activities under supervision of licensed personnel.
Program of Study
The 15 week certificate program prepares you to function as an assistant within the healthcare team, utilizing multiple skills. Students attend classes 3 days per week 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. You will become CPR certified, and technically competent in basic phlebotomy and electrocardiogram. As a graduate of the program, you will also be eligible for state certification as a Nurse Aide.
Physicians offices, clinics, extended care facilities, surgical centers, hospitals, and community agencies and hospitals are just some of the organizations in which Multi-Skilled Assistants are providing services.
- Online Application
- Official High School or GED Transcript
- Official College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Reading Test (if applicable)
- Health Clearance (This must be completed after acceptance to program)
- Security Background check (paperwork will be provided once accepted)
Start Dates: Fall and Spring