This seven week (152 hour) program is designed to update the registered nurse who has been away from the acute care practice setting and who is looking to return to a staff position. The program is divided into 28 hours of classroom theory, 28 hours of nursing skills lab, and 96 hours of clinical practicum conducted at St. Vincent’s Medical Center. The program will provide:
- Reinforcement of previous nursing knowledge as it relates to the nursing process and clients in the acute care setting with varied health issues and acuity levels.
- Current therapeutic practices, advances and technology in the acute care setting.
- Hands-on practicum in nursing skills lab and acute care clinical setting.
Theory & laboratory classes will be held at St. Vincent’s College. Clinical laboratory will be held at St. Vincent’s Medical Center. The program is open to applicants who hold a current CT RN License. Questions about the program should be directed to the Continuing Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-576-5651.
Upon completion of the RN Refresher Program, the nurse will:
- Identify appropriate assessment techniques and diagnostic studies for the major body systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of geriatric implications in disease processes and pharmacological interventions, nutrition and health preventative measures related to disease processes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of geriatric implications in disease processes and pharmaco-therapeutic treatment modalities.
- Utilize the nursing process, critical thinking, evidence based practice and pathophysiologic concepts to develop nursing diagnoses and plan of care for clients.
- Apply teaching-learning principles to promote optimum health and development in clients with healthcare issues.
- Online Application
- Official College Transcripts
- Proof of current official CT RN License
- Current CPR certification
- Verification of Malpractice Insurance
- Health Clearance
- Background Clearance Check