Department of Continuing and Professional Studies FAQ

Are there information sessions?

The Department of Continuing and Professional Studies offers information sessions which focus on our certificate programs. We will review each program and discuss the admission requirements and tuition.

Do you have an Open House?

The College hosts an Open House in the Spring and Fall of each year. These programs offer prospective students an opportunity to review all the degree and certificate programs offered at the college.

Does St. Vincent’s College offer financial aid?

Yes.  In order to be considered for financial aid you must fill out the FAFSA form. You may obtain it from a high school guidance/career office or go to the web site: See the Financial Aid pages for filing deadlines.

How do I apply for Financial Aid?

St. Vincent’s College is committed to providing financial aid for all students who qualify. Over 65% of enrolled students currently receive some type of aid.  Students must complete the FAFSA to be considered for any type of financial aid. For more information, go to

Workforce Investment Act (WIA)/CTWorks FAQ:  click here

Do I have to take a placement test to be admitted?

Certain certificate programs require a placement test or entrance exam for admission.  To check if a test is required please refer to the Application Instructions page.

Do I need a physical examination before I begin classes?

Yes, you are required to be health cleared (includes a drug screen and proof of immunization) PRIOR to registering for classes. You will receive detailed instructions with your acceptance letter. Health clearances are scheduled and processed through St. Vincent’s Urgent Health Care Clinic, 401 Monroe Turnpike in Monroe by calling 203-337-3434.  The actual assessment may be completed either at this location, or any other St. Vincent’s Urgent Care Centers: Bridgeport, Trumbull, Stratford, Shelton or Fairfield. You must have immunization records from your Primary Care Physician before making an appointment with the SVUHCC (see next paragraph).

What immunizations will I need?

No student will be allowed to register for classes or begin clinical experiences until proof of immunization is complete and submitted to the St. Vincent’s Urgent Health Care Clinic, and the student is health cleared.   Prior to scheduling an appointment, you must have your physician fill out the Student Health Services Student Immunization Requirements Form (click here). This COMPLETED/ SIGNED form must be brought with you at the time of your health assessment appointment at the Urgent Care Center. This process may take several weeks so please do not delay.

St. Vincent’s College Health Clearance and Background Clearance Policy

What is a background check?

The College is committed to providing a safe environment for students, faculty and staff. We have engaged Evolution Consulting, LLC to perform background checks on all incoming students.  You will receive a “Background Clearance Authorization” form with your acceptance letter. Students must have a clear background check in order to register for classes.

Who can I contact if I have additional questions?

Call the Department of Continuing and Professional Studies at 203-576-5651 or e-mail