The Medical Office Assistant Certificate Program is designed to prepare students to acquire the skills necessary for an entry-level administrative position in a healthcare setting. It is offered primarily through evening and weekend scheduling, and some day courses. Students in the program will learn medical terminology, computer skills, medical offices procedures and/or medical transcription – the skills necessary to function competently as a Medical Office Assistant. The program is ideally suited for individuals who are interested in a challenging healthcare career with employment opportunities in a variety of dynamic environments.
View the Gainful Employment information regarding this certificate.
The graduates of the Medical Office Assistant certificate program will:
- Demonstrate charity and respect for the human dignity and rights of all individuals.
- Function as entry level Medical Office Assistant practitioners in the healthcare delivery system.
- Utilize critical thinking and decision making skills when providing administrative services in structured healthcare settings.
- Demonstrate accountability for legal and ethical practices.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for personal and professional behavior.
- Participate in professional activities and continuing education.
Program of Study
The 18-credit certificate program is offered primarily through evening scheduling, and some day courses. Student must complete five of the following courses to receive the certificate. Courses may be taken individually, if a certificate is not desired.
|INF 100||Keyboarding and Word Processing||3|
|INF 101||Introduction to Information Systems||3|
|MED 105||Medical Terminology||3|
|MED 101||Medical Office Procedures I||3|
|MED 201||Medical Office Procedures II||3|
|HRS101||Insurance Reimbursement & Billing Procedures||2|
|HRS104||ICD Coding Part 1||3|
- Online Application
- Official High School or GED Transcript
- Official College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Health Clearance