Admission to the Online RN to BSN Completion program is based on the successful fulfillment of the College admission requirements. Enrollment in the Online RN to BSN program is limited; all qualified candidates may not be accepted.
• Completed SVC application
• Applicants will have earned an associate degree or diploma in nursing from a regionally accredited program.
• Minimum GPA of 2.6 in nursing courses
• Unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse.
• Official Transcript(s) from each college or university previously attended. These credentials are required whether or not credit was earned or desired. The official transcript needs to be sent directly from the college registrar’s office to SVC. Failure to comply could jeopardize your federal financial aid with the Department of Education’s Unusual Enrollment History verification process.
• Upon official acceptance, applicants must complete a successful criminal background check. Successful criminal background check must be completed prior to registration.
• Upon official acceptance students must complete a health screening check that includes a drug screening.
• Applicants do not have to be actively practicing in the nursing profession
• May transfer in up to 90 credits
• A copy of current CPR certification.
In compliance with the Connecticut State Articulation Model for Nurse Educational Mobility the following minimum advanced placement credits will apply to the baccalaureate in nursing degree:
For students who are associate degree graduates of St. Vincent’s College and hold a current unencumbered Connecticut license as a registered nurse the following maximum credit hours will be accepted as transfer for the baccalaureate in nursing degree:
|Transfer from other colleges or
additional St. Vincent’s College courses
For students who are graduates from other institutions with an associate degree in nursing and who hold a current unencumbered Connecticut license as a registered nurse, the following maximum credits will be transferred and applied to the baccalaureate in nursing degree:
For students who are diploma graduates from St. Vincent’s or other institutions and who hold a current Connecticut license as a registered nurse, the following minimum credits will be transferred and applied to the baccalaureate in nursing degree:
Transfer of course credits only (grades are not transferable) will be granted subject to the following conditions:
- The course content must be equivalent to the course requirement of the program in which the student enrolls.
- Official transcripts with a grade of at least “C” recorded for the course to be transferred must be sent to the Admissions Office.
- There is no time limit on transfer credit if the course has a grade of “C” or better and is from an accredited college.
View College Transfer Grid to get detailed information on which courses may be transferred after review of official transcript.
Information regarding tuition, fees and length of program can also be obtained from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN): 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000.